Do you love learning? That feeling of growing? Discovery. New vistas. Better life and leadership? I do!
I especially love learning from others and sharing great resources. This page is a running list of talent and leadership development resources and people; it's a sampling of some of my faves. I have so many! To keep it manageable, I change it up every so often.
That way, you'll discover something new each time you return. Mostly, I hope you'll be inspired.
We can make a difference.
If you'd love to share this Faves page with your community, please click below.
I think of these faves as a collection of 'gems' -- like those rare and precious nuggets one would hope to find when panning for gold. ~ Janice Kobelsky
To make it appealing, I've sorted these faves into three themes and prefaced each with a favourite quote.
1. Resilience: you'll find encouragement and inspiration, for those times you're faced with challenges that seem daunting.
2. Success: success comes in all forms. These 7 Dimensions of Life are always in play -- though priority shifts throughout life. My 'Think Anew' community adds value in each dimension. Discover for yourself below!
3. Leaders Are Learners: my Faves wouldn't be complete without sharing with you some great reading or learning resources. You'll see them when you scroll to the end of this page.
Be Resilient -- Find a Way
- HATE SETTING GOALS? One Badass Reason to Love It! This is a great blog post from one of the 'fiercest' fiercepreneurs you will ever meet: Sheryl Scott. Goal-setting can be hard. Worse, it can be an exercise in futility or frustration. Sheryl's short post makes it fun, easy, and best of all -- meaningful and useful! My fave part is her recommendation to break your goals down into "slight edge" decisions.
- 4 LESSONS TWO “JORDANS” CAN TEACH EVERY ENTREPRENEUR Here's another pragmatic and energizing blog post by Sheryl Scott. An entrepreneurial mindset is essential to most business success -- and it helps in everyday life too! Sheryl shares 4 foundational lessons to add power to your actions.
- FINDING JOY AROUND THE WORLD: Real Life Stories of Discovering Happiness, Inner Peace and Joy by Kari Joys. This book is a beautiful compendium of challenging stories that will uplift and encourage you. Over time, I've connected with most of the people in this book, through Twitter, and they uplift and encourage daily. My 'fave' though is Rock Christopher. Seldom have I encountered someone who leads with more heart and generosity. Read his story!
Find Success: Life 'On Purpose'
Here is a further list of amazing folks whose inspiration and tireless generosity of spirit elevate us all -- and help us to 'get out of our own way' when needed. You will see that they create and/or share resources of all sorts to help our best success.
I've favourited them not only for the value-added content they share, but also for the fact that they do share -- not only their own content but liberally supporting and sharing others' too. #BetterTogether and #ThriveTogether are what they emulate. As one of them, Dr. Melissa Hughes, often says: "let's share the good stuff."
Peace of Mind Coach, Steven Webb @themovingroad
"Being paralyzed wasn't a choice; my attitude is. There's a gift in everything. Let me help you find it." ~ Steven Webb
There is so much grace in Steven's work. Author, speaker, spiritualist and motivator, Steven is a gentle yet persistent Peace of Mind Coach. Paralyzed after a diving accident at age 18, for years he was a 'survivor'. But, he realized that there's so much more to life than 'surviving'.
A real 'thriver' with a joyous inner peace, Steven totally 'gets it'. He knows life isn't easy, but it can be fulfilling. His work and his life demonstrate true lessons in resilience and in finding -- and living -- life's gifts.
Entrepreneur, Kayle Paustian @claritycohq
"I want nothing more than to see other people succeed." ~Kayle Paustian
Let's face it. Understanding your financial information as a business owner is like oxygen to your brain. Without good insights, it's just that much harder to make good decisions. Kayle is creating a new app to support strategic leadership and financial decision-making. It's Clarity: a unique, financial analysis application designed to change the way small to medium sized companies look at their financials.
Dreammaker-Mortgage Broker, Harold Hagen
"Harold is a dreammaker!!! He did for me what no one else could do. He got me into my own home!!!!!" ~ Y. Dunn on Facebook
Harold is a professional mortgage broker. He's also far more than that. He's a dream broker. He's one of those rare individuals who truly cares about others' success. He's also a long-distance runner, a musician, and a rental property enthusiast.
Pride of ownership. Resilience and grit. Goal-setting and achievement. You'll be inspired by Harold's commitment to excellence and the wealth of financial resources and home care savvy he shares.
Learning Leader: Dr. Melissa Hughes | Andrick Group @melishughes
"It's time to start thinking about thinking and learning about learning." ~ Dr. Melissa Hughes
Life is a steady stream of learning opportunities -- and challenges.
What is it that sets apart highly effective people, leaders and organizations? Says Melissa... "It's the capacity to be curious, open to new experiences, and, especially, our ability to learn. Like most life and leadership skills, learning takes practice."
Treat yourself to her book! Happier & smarter: it's a winning combination: Happy Hour With Einstein
Or, check out her YouTube channel for steady motivation and insights into how to build a better brain -- and why you'd want to!
Adding Value and Results: Jared Wiese | Life Strategist; Résumé & LinkedIn Coach; IT Business Analyst |@JaredWiese @TheABCba
"My passion is improvement. I look for ways to simplify and improve life for others." ~ Jared Wiese
Jared's zest for learning, growth and improvement is contagious! He's also engaging, committed and generously supportive. He 'gets' that the "master" is always learning and getting better. One of my fave posts of Jared's is this one: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/master-areas-better-life-jared-j-wiese It's rich, resourceful and value-adding. An awesome mini-collection of great life practices.
Career Builder: Matt Collins @IAmMattCollins
"Becoming a great leader requires ongoing practice, targeted resources and committed support." ~ Matt Collins
Matt helps organizations select, develop and promote exceptional leaders -- with emphasis on 'exceptional'. His Twitter feed provides a steady stream of rich leadership resources and reading recommendations, which he curates from around the globe. Humble. Enthusiastic. Elevating. You'll enjoy Matt's spirit and contagious commitment to leadership excellence.
Enthusiast: Kewal Gangani @KewalGangani
"We all are STRONGER than we think! and we are not made to be selfish!" ~ Kewal Gangani
Kewal is always eager for knowledge and new learnings and you'll get that from his posts and interactions, which are highly encouraging. His 'motto'?: Never settle for less than you can BE, DO, GIVE or CREATE in your Life!
Leadership Expertise with a Commitment to Excellence, on Twitter: @LeadFastNow; @ExpertLeaders; @joanbunashe; @CoachingDevelop; @SpeakerRepeater; @Elaine_Perry; and more...
You'll find these leaders sharing a wealth of practical tips, resources, expertise and posts to make you or your company more effective, better motivated. They'll help you and/or your teams become stronger leaders, coaches and speakers. All with a healthy dose of ongoing encouragement!
#ThriveTribe Twitter Community: @grannyfierce; @MelissaRapoport; @CanadianCarla; @gede_prama; @DCherryWriter; @submarines4ever; @MateDC; @SalwinAnand; @KarinCamara; @P4Happiness; @AllegroToday; Ric Evoy; and more...
Sharing beautiful work, messages of hope, and streaming inspiration. My Twitter community gets bigger every day. I'm so elevated by all the amazing people I meet and connect with! These are just a small handful representing the spirit and grace being shared ongoingly. I call them transformational connections. There are so many more and I hope you'll forgive me if I've not (yet) included you here.
"Thrive Together" Community
- Marsha Wright: @marshawright spreads motivation and positivity around the globe every Sunday with #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha. Visit her site, for inspiration, motivation and 'collaborative economy' leadership!
- Project StarFISH @ProjectStarF1SH: solving global unemployment challenges for veterans, disabled, youth, students and minorities through skill-building, internship and workforce development initiatives. They work tirelessly to help people "learn, earn, be empowered, thrive and bounce back."
- #SuccessTRAIN #ThriveTOGETHER #RockC: @RockChristopher is a leader in greatness when it comes to generously sharing as well as actively supporting our success! It's promotion of the best kind... because it's heartfelt and geared to truly getting us all together on a global #SuccessTRAIN every Monday! Look up partners @_SuccessCenter_; @RockSolidAdvice; Net Ventures Marketing @NetVenturesMarketing; and more...
Leaders are Learners
- 10 LEADERSHIP BOOKS FOR SUMMER 2016: This is a post in Go Magazine by DDI World @ddiworld -- a company whose singularity of purpose is: 'Better Leaders'. Hopefully, you won't find this self-serving, as I am one of the 10 people who made a book recommendation. It's a great book and I think you'll love it. Thank you again to Matt Collins (one of my Faves listed earlier) for writing this article and inviting me to participate.
- 30 BUSINESS BOOKS: This is a post by Business Insider with an incredible list of great business books. It includes some of my absolute all-time favourites that you just cannot go wrong.
- 100 LEADERSHIP AND SUCCESS BOOKS TO READ IN A LIFETIME: The Amazon editors chose a list (2016) of 100 books to help us plan our future and find happiness and success in our present. Awesome classics together with 'new' wisdom, it's a list full of faves.
"Most people enter into relationships with an eye toward what they can get out of them, rather than what they can put into them. The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you; but to have another with whom you might share your completeness." ~Neale Donald Walsch
I hope this page has inspired you to look for ways to celebrate your connections, to share resources, and to #ThriveTogether!
P.S. Explore my 'Anew Centre' and/or 'Blog' for resources, frameworks, insights and programs that I've created -- to help you and your teams live and lead better.
Your Meaningful Vision, Fulfilled.
If you haven't already, consider subscribing to the Leader's Digest periodic email mini-publication of interesting questions, ideas and resources to support your success. Receive the "Leadership Trifecta" free when you sign up. You'll get the 'energizing potential' e-book, plus exclusive access to 'Ask Janice Q&A forum' and other insider bonuses.
Share Your Impressions...